At First United Methodist Church, we firmly believe in putting our words into action. This is why we deliver countless outreach programs designed to help those who are less fortunate and in need of assistance. Our outreach programs include:
- Community Hot Meal Program: This program serves hot meals to those in need 5 days each week and has been operating in the facilities of the First United Methodist Church for over 25 years. The church is one of many churches, businesses and volunteer organizations that are involved in this program, either by cooking and serving meals or monetary contributions. Meals are served Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays behind Hollister Hall (210 Palmetto) from 11:30 – 12:30; Sundays 4:00 – 5:00 for those in need of a hot meal. Due to COVID, we are only serving take-out meals.
- Clothing Ministry: Each Wednesday, clothing, toiletries, etc. are given out to those in need from 11:30 AM to 12:45 PM in Hollister Hall (215 Palmetto St., NSB). Volunteers and donations, especially men’s clothing items, are always welcome. You may use the front entrance to Hollister Hall (located on Palmetto St.). This ministry is not a part of the Community Hot Meal Program.
- Community Thanksgiving Day Dinner: The church sponsors this event by offering its fellowship hall for the dinner attended by over 500 people annually on Thanksgiving Day.
- Florida United Methodist Children’s Home: The church supports this important ministry located in Enterprise, Florida, through a special offering collected on every Fifth Sunday.
- Angel Tree: Angel Tree Christmas provides an opportunity to share Christ’s love by helping to meet the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of the families of prisoners.
- Operation Christmas Child: The church family participates each Christmas season in this project sponsored by Samaritan’s Purse by packing gift-filled shoe boxes. This project brings joy and hope to children in desperate situations around the world through these gift boxes and the Good News of God’s love.
If you have comments or suggestions as to how we can improve or expand our outreach programs, please do let us know. You may contact us at 386-428-4371, or you can send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.